Saturday 25th Sunday 26th May 2013
|Family Run Luxury Boutique Hotel Monachyle Mhor and chef owner Tom Lewis|
Look out for a range of exciting Balquhidder, Strathyre, Lochearnhead and St Fillans. events this spring and summer.
Something for everyone? Be one of 100 diners experiencing the culinary delights of Gleneagles chef Andrew Fairley alongside other leading chefs from famous Scottish restaurants. Check the impressive programme of bands, children's entertainment, food stalls, races and more at the annual MHOR festival held in the grounds of luxury boutique hotel Monachyle Mhor, Balquhidder.
Saturday 25th May 2013
- 11:00 Raft Race, build your own boat or raft, life jackets + rescue boat provided
- 12:00 Barbeque and bar opens: Barbeque, Bacon rolls, soups and refreshments , Oyster bar, Homemade Pimms, Gin and Tonics, Champagne, Beers, Mhor fish & chip food truck, Food market. Live music. Djs, Childrens entertainment
- 13:00 Roman Road kick off the music with an accoustic set on the front lawn,
- For children: planting in the garden, face painting, bouncy castle. guided walks, boules
- 14:00 Mini Olympics - egg + spoon race, three-legged race, sack race, wheelbarrow race, welly throwing, tug of war
- 14:00 Afternoon Tea – tea, cake and finger sandwiches, gin & tonic, Pimms, champagne
- 15:00 Cake competition – free style cake – enter by 1pm. prize for winner
- All day BBQ, Bacon rolls and refreshments
- 19:00 The Great British Feast for 100 seats in the marquee/barn £60 per ticket, Andrew Fairley- restaurant Andrew Fairlie - Gleneagles, Michael Smith 3 chimneys, Roy Brett – Ondine and Loch Fyne, Neil Forbes – Cafe St Honore, Tom Lewis – Monachyle Mhor
- 20:00 Recital by acclaimed Perthshire fiddler Pete Clark
- 21:00 Charity Auction after dinner – prizes donated to HIT Scotland and Mountain Rescue
Sunday 26th May 2013
- 12:00 Food Market/Craft stalls/Beer Festival/Demos/live music,
- Tea & Tango – come and watch the wonderful dancers and learn how to walk the tango, Food Demos throughout the day, Bread baking competition – bake and bring your best loaf– prize for winner, Children's entertainment
- 17:00 £10 for A Play, a pie & a pint - A musical, by Dave Anderson – Butterfly Kiss
- 19:30 Ceilidh, live music - Brian McAlpine piano, Gregor Lowrey accordion and Alison Smith fiddle
- 21.00 SHOOGLENIFTY
- £5 day entry
- weekend all inclusive £100 camping, day entry, feast and Sunday night entertainment
- The Feast £60 per ticket
- Play, pie pint £10
- Sunday Night Ceilidh and Shooglenifty £15
- Camping £10 per pitch. Day entry £5
For MHOR information http://mhor.net/ Tel: 01877 - 384 622
Where Else Can I stay?
Check out our extensive range of accommodation in Perthshire and The Trossachs around 4 villages, whether you prefer a tent, caravan, bunkhouse, cabin, lodge, cottage, bed and breakfast, guest house, restaurant with rooms, hotel, motel or luxury boutique hotel.
Can I book a taxi? Yes. Pre book with LETI members Highland Glen Travel, Lochearnhead or Kingshouse Taxis Balquhidder for transport to and from your preferred accommodation
What Else Is On in this area of The Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park?